[Diy_efi] OT ABS scanner

Bret Levandowski skishop69
Sun Oct 9 04:04:30 UTC 2005

Depending on the make/model, codes should be fairly easy to retrieve, however, there is no 'inexpensive' tool for actuating the unit that I know of. Most aftermarket scanners are only capable of 'controlling' certain makes, and the cheap ones start around $1500- $2000. The vehicle manufacturer only has to make emission control protocols available to the automotive industry at large. As far as others like ABS, supension, etc., the scan tool manufacturer has to pay a premium to the automaker to get the protocols. That's why the really sweet scanners are soooo expensive. If it's codes you're after, go to Schucks/NAPA or wherever and pick up a generic code reader for $50.  Ski

Dustin Lof <bubblesjrtwo at yahoo.com> wrote:What year make and model is your car? with many
vehicles you get better results by flashing the codes.
Jump A to H on most General Motors vehicles. But that
is dependent on the year and ABS system