Fw: [Diy_efi] More Analog diagnosis

Djfreggens at aol.com Djfreggens
Thu Oct 13 01:34:59 UTC 2005

In a message dated 10/12/2005 9:33:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
geoff_h at smartchat.net.au writes:

Joe  Boucher wrote on Oct 13 2005

There is a small chance someone may  remember I have an
older analog EFI unit I bought at a swap meet.   After
some fangling with it, it is functioning except for
one  thing.
I put some noid lights in place of the injectors.  I
would  switch power to the unit and the lights would
start flickering as they  should, then over about 2
seconds, the light intensity would die untill  the
lights went out.  This happened every time I cycled
the  power.

My thought is something in the power supply is bad as
the  effect is the same for all the injectors.

I don't have a  schematic.  There are one set of
components for each injector except  there is one power
transistor and capacitor all by  themselves.

Thanks,

Joe

have you considered the fact that noid lights present very high current
loads to the ecm. in fact there not recomeneded for diagnosing injector
switching. best thing to use is a real injector of the correct design.