Fw: [Diy_efi] Lumpy engine in closed loop cruise

Mike niche
Fri Oct 21 09:17:45 UTC 2005

At 04:12 PM 10/21/05, you wrote:
>I think what is happening here is a misunderstanding of "cruise". My old brain may be behind the times,
>but to me 85 MPH is a bit over cruise. (unless it's an F1 or CART - tongue in cheek).

Thats really only 136 Km/Hr, bit fast for the freeway I guess,

When I used to go country in the olde ford escort with 1600cc I used to happily
'cruise' at 140 to 150Kms/hr, no turbo, not even WOT, somewhere around 75%,
so his setup with some boost suggests his valve timing might be out or
he has a reasonably serious exhaust restriction...

Looking forward to doing my block tomorrow with kids, depending on what
I find I just might really do my block !

<chuckle>

Rgds

Mike