Fw: [Diy_efi] info

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Fri Oct 28 21:00:36 UTC 2005

If your ECM isn't working, and drying it out hasn't helped, try for the
basics: make sure it has power, and that the relays that its supposed to
control are being controlled (for instance, does it do a fuel pump prime at
key-on?) Maybe you got lucky and popped a fuse or fusible link, sometimes
this is located in a grounding strap , between the ECM and the chassis
somewhere. (you'd need a factory manual to find it, however, that was the
case with my '89 bronco ][ -- and i know Ford has some influence on the
Mazda stuff...

Just a thought... Best regards,

--LL

On 10/26/05, Dustin Lof <bubblesjrtwo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you can't find a used one NAPA, or any other parts
> house can do an R&R on yours, that way they can find
> the parts and also put a warranty on it, but I'm just
> a mechanic.
>
> --- Geoff Harrison <geoff_h at smartchat.net.au> wrote:
>
> > John, if antifreeze can damage paint, think about
> > what it may do
> > to a PCB.
> > You could spend a lot of time replacing parts, and
> > still have an
> > unreliable
> > ECU. Wrecking yard option sounds good. Make sure it
> > comes from a
> > car
> > without a leaky heater core.
> >
> > Geoff H