[Diy_efi] info

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Sat Oct 29 14:17:37 UTC 2005

I thought the drying option was already done... If you can find a low-temp
oven, 120 degrees F is 'ok' seeing as the engineers were smart enough to put
it that close to the heater core, besides, if the car ever came equipped
with a black dashboard, i'm sure its hotter than that with all the windows
shut in the summer. (just a quick thought to expedite the process)

--LL

On 10/28/05, Bill Shaw <b.shaw at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'd remove it from the case, wash down the PCB and case good with clear
> clean water, then blow it with compressed air and let it dry for a few days.
> Once I was sure it was complete dry I'd reassemble it and try running it.
> What id there to loose?
>
> Just MHO :-)
>
> Bill
>

> *From: *"Lee M. Lemoine" <llemoine at gmail.com>
>
> > John, if antifreeze can damage paint, think about
> > what it may do
> > to a PCB.
> > You could spend a lot of time replacing parts, and
> > still have an
> > unreliable
> > ECU. Wrecking yard option sounds good. Make sure it
> > comes from a
> > car
> > without a leaky heater core.
> >
> > Geoff H