[Diy_efi] chevy early vortec injection

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Sun Sep 11 01:31:17 UTC 2005

Dustin, the short answer is that the pickup vortecs use 8 high impedance
injectors.  They're clustered in the center of the intake, and the
vortec computer drives them sequentially, but electrically they're no
different that a TPI system.  So if megasquirt can run a TPI motor then
it can run a vortec motor, although probably not in sequential mode.
Ignition is something else, AFAIK stock megasquirt doesn't do spark,
although I think there are a couple add-ins that enable spark.

--steve