[Diy_efi] OT - platinum plugs burning up wires

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Mon Sep 12 13:55:31 UTC 2005

I have to agree on the turbo w/ plat's, I have 4
gas/turbo cars, and ALL of them (3 Volvos and a GM)
HATE plat's, stock OEM plugs w/ large electrodes seem
to create the best light-off of the mix under higher
boosts, which relates to higher compression. I don't
have a 'hi-comp' engine to relate to (my GM v8's are <
9:1) and plat's weren't around when I built my 10.5:1
GM BB nearly 30 years ago, so no experience there, but
would be interested to hear what folks running hi-comp
have learned.

Thanks, everyone, for the great disscussions so far.
And, what's even better, no flames! Thanks