[Diy_efi] Best donor vehicle for GM TBI system???

Mike sonoma
Mon Sep 19 04:15:59 UTC 2005

Hi

I was at my local auto wrecker looking for a donor vehicle I found a 91 2500 GMC Van, I want to transfer this TBI system to my 83 3500 GMC Van.

The question I have is a earlier TBI system better than a more recent system the ECM had a speed control module on the side of the ECM (think it is module which tells the ECM what tire size and gear ratio is in the vehicle) I changed this module when I changed the gear ratio in my 91 S10.

Can the speed module be eliminated along with the VSS?  Do all GM trucks (87-94TBI) use this module which I've seen attached to the ECM?

Will a 1227747 ECM work with all TBI wiring harnesses from 87 Up?

Thanks
                Mike...