[Diy_efi] Question about TBI fuel pressure

Jim Kyser jimkyser
Thu Sep 22 14:23:38 UTC 2005

I am adapting a TBI system to my 1946 Willys Jeep with a Buick V6.
(yeah, I know I could adapt a Buick TPI setup but the parts are much
more expensive)

My question regards fuel pressure. I would ideally like to run an intank
pump and am looking at the pump from a Pontiac Aztek. Basically, the
pump and fuel level sensor are all mounted together in an assembly that
bolts in from the top of the tank though the typical large opening. The
problem is that the Aztek pump is for a TPI setup and puts out upwards
of 40 PSI. I know that the TBI systems need more like 5 PSI. Could I
just put a regulator inline to drop the pressure down?