[Diy_efi] Timing

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Wed Sep 28 20:03:34 UTC 2005

--- Bret Levandowski <skishop69 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This much I know. I'm curious to know if there's a
> formula or something for figuring how much timing
> for each of the three components.

It would be a hell of a formula if it worked.

The key factor is burn rate.  And that will depend on
the temp of the engine, the temp of the incoming
charge, the shape and design of the combustion
chamber, engine speed, crank throw, mixture,
homogeneity of the mixture, etc.  Without nailing down
at least most of the variables there through actual
experimentation, I don't think there is anything
useful that could be done with a formula.

| Honda GL500 Interstate (Slug)    Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |