[Diy_efi] boat fuel pump

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Fri Apr 7 13:59:02 UTC 2006

It'd be interesting to see them try and inspect an in-tank fuel pump...
Just a thought ;)

Kind of sounds like over here in the states for "State emission testing and
safety inspection"..  My '93 Z24 convertible with the 3.1 V6 Mclaren Turbo
motor in it...   They ran it up on the dyno for emissions with a wideband in
the tailpipe on the stock turbo ECU (which was rediculously rich)...  at 3
mph they had dilluted their WB02 at the tailpipe, and theres a cat on the
car!  Anyways, needless to say it hasn't ever passed inspection here...  and
now they start to suspend registrations if its not inspected within 7 days
of registration.

Just gotta know where to go to get around that sort of thing man...   The
local cops will bust your chops all night long around here "how'd you get
this thing to pass"... etc etc..   they just want a peek under the hood is
all...   They also passed some legislation locally where they can do nitrous
checks -- some kid got rear ended with a nitrous tank in his spare tire well
in the trunk -- snapped the neck off and i don't need to explain how many
pieces they found him in...  Either way, i get my engine bay inpsected often
enough ;)

Best of luck with your project, sounds like there are viable options
afterall!

--LL