[Diy_efi] PCB layout

Bill Washington bill.washington
Wed Apr 12 00:57:14 UTC 2006

> Subject:
> [Diy_efi] circuit and PCB proofreaders?
Steve,
	Two comments,
	1. In a number of place on the pcb you have traces running parallel at minimum
spacing for 1 two 2 inches, these will tend to couple sharp rising edges to each
other, particularly as there seems to be no ground plane. I would separate these
traces by 3 to 4 times the track width where possible.
	2. I would suggest flooding the board top and bottom with ground plane. since
the board is no very tight that should not be a problem. You can add extra vias
to tie the ground planed on both sides together and also to get the ground plane
into areas blocked off by tracks and components.

	The ground plane flooding reduces coupling between tracks and also makes it
less prone to external interference coupling in.

Regards
Bill