[Diy_efi] More GM MPFI V-6 questions.

Joe Boucher boucherj
Sun Aug 27 02:49:35 UTC 2006

First, Bob and Tomas, thanks very much for the great answers.   A couple of the best answers I have ever received from one of these lists.  Very concise and to the point.  The wife asks why a tear was rolling down from my eye.  When I explained, when rolled her eyes and walked off.

I'm still unclear about a couple of things.  In a previous question, Brendan sent this link http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/GM+AF8-DIS.htm showing the ignition module needing a crank sensor as an input to the DIS module.  The model year application of this configuration isn't on the paper.

Bob, you said the stock reluctor in the Porsche worked.  So, you used the distributor?

And Tomas, you drilled six more holes in your harmonic balancer for a total of seven holes, including the offset hole to signal number one cylinder?  But you will need to move the sensor 10 degrees advanced to assist in starting.

My understanding is there is another box besides the 749 which is similar to the 749 hardware and can use the 749 prom, but needs the wiring switched around a bit.  Is this true?

And last but not least, can any 7727 be converted to a turbo convig with the switch of a prom?

Thanks again for the excellent responses.

Joe B.