[Diy_efi] Wide Band Sensor - recent experiences ?

Jim Butterfield jimbutterfield
Sun Aug 27 15:56:09 UTC 2006

MIke....
  see if this helps...
  1) about $300-$500 for a good setup with good O2
  3) have heard of nothing on the GP board.... and they use alky and N02
  4) if the O2 bung is placed far enought away from exhaust head, some leave it in all the time and use 4th wire for pcm

  jim

Mike <niche at iinet.net.au> wrote:
  Hi Chaps,

Exploring upgrading the EFI in my vehicle to handle other liquid
fuels and one of the issues is a wide band oxygen sensor, so I'm
asking the following questions from anyone on this group in
respect of your recent experiences with any aftermarket commercial
products etc

1. Overall cost of a sensor and driver board to either use it
as a tuning aid or for dash display ?

2. Long term reliability of most recent type of sensors ?

3. Resistance of contemporary sensors to handle combustion
byproducts from fuels such as ethanol, isopropanol, methane,
LPG, methanol etc in terms of reliability, calibration etc ?

4. Feasability of using the wideband sensor in an EFI controller
that functions close to wide open throttle or perhaps higher load
than appears that the normal narrow band systems function ?

Regards from

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
VL Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
http://niche.iinet.net.au