[Diy_efi] EEPROM based efi compter, DIY style.

Ben P benof1987
Wed Dec 20 07:30:56 UTC 2006

Hi people.

Just another of my less crazy ideas, I was wondering what it would take to
build a computer that can make a pulsewidth output based primarily on a
voltage (ie air flow meter).

The idea would be to have four or five tables:
1: Air-flow/Pulsewidth (with pulsewidth the output)
2: TPS/RPM (pulsewidth output, overrides table one while rpm AND throttle
position are in range)
3: TPS change/Time (pulsewidth output, added to table one/two)
4: Temperature/Pulsewidth multiplier (simple warmup strategy, or a master
rich/lean knob)
5: O2/Pulsewidth multiplier (simple closed loop under certain TPS and temp
conditions)

I can see this being a simple computer for converting naturally aspirated
engines to single point efi, with a minimum of wiring required, primarily
for economy.

so how would you go about building something that can do this? My
electronics ability is limited to assembling kits and understanding how
simple components (transistors, capacitors, diodes etc) work, along with
limited BASIC programming. My main interest is in how to program the EEPROM
chip, and how to get the inputs to the correct format (ie frequency is easy
enough to do, but converting a voltage into a digital signal is something I
know nothing about). I am presuming that an EEPROM chip can make a
pulsewidth output directly (with the aid of a transistor of course), is this
correct?

thanks
Ben

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT