[Diy_efi] EEPROM based efi compter, DIY style

Curtis Richards cwrxr
Wed Dec 20 19:17:11 UTC 2006

Hi Ben,

What you are outlining sounds like a simplified version of Megasquirt.
Since Megasqurt has been built by many people for many different
vehicles and has Megastim and  Megatune software available for debugging
and tuning the EFI aren't you 'reinventing the wheel'?  I looked at
using one of the $20 TI  eZ430-F2013 ( complete system in a USB thumb
drive with development software included ) for my !946 Jeep in order to
be able to take the ECU with me and stop thieves from hot wiring it.
Designing a board, writing the code and then writing a version of
Megatune for the new system would be a LOT of work.  Especially when you
consider that you can buy an assembles Megasquirt on eBay for a few
hundred dollars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megasquirt-v2-2-MS-engine-fuel-management-EFI-ECU_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33553QQihZ004QQitemZ140065205754QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Curt

--

Curtis W Richards

--
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending
too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."

--Thomas Jefferson