[Diy_efi] injecting 5 port head

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Sun Dec 24 01:07:08 UTC 2006

--- Phil <philhunt at comcast.net> wrote:

> We think you'd need a sequential sytem
> w/2injectors/runner.  Anybody on this?

That sounds reasonable.  Is this the old MG inline 4?
A lot would depend on port shape, I would think; if
the split starts at the mating face for the manifold,
it might take some trial and error regarding injection
timing, but it should not be too much bother to get
one injector per cylinder running without much
"crosstalk" between cylinders.  If the split is an
inch or more from the mating surface inside the head,
this will become much more challenging, and you may
wish to machine the head so that the injectors will
fire directly into the port(s) after the split.  This
may be techinically very difficult, and may also
violate the class rules, depending on your racing org.

| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |