[Diy_efi] Source for inexpensive fuel/oil pressure sensors?

David Allen davida1
Wed Dec 27 21:58:04 UTC 2006

  Yeah, the good info is what sells them.  Each sensor comes with a
datasheet packaged with it.  The datasheet even lists the Metripack
connector that mates to the transducer.
One more reason I hate mechanical senders- I thought I had lost the engine
in my Nova, but it was just a bad oil pressure sender.  All the nichrome
wire had gotten untangled in the housing and the arm that moved against it
was no longer making good contact.  It would show some pressure but at
higher pressures it would fluctuate and fall, just like a damaged engine
with excessive bearing clearances loosing pressure at high RPM!!!
  I've got a hydraulic quick-disconnect test-port on the fuel pressure
system on my turbo car.  I can snap one of these transducers onto this port
and plug it into my TE datalogger for making sure I'm not dropping pressure
under boost or anything.  Plus it is accurate for setting the base fuel
pressure.
  Thanks,
David