[Diy_efi] TPS Specs / PN's

Scot Sealander ssealander
Fri Dec 29 22:43:40 UTC 2006

You don't have to use an op-amp to do what you want to do!

First, are you sure that the throttle blade is fully opening?  If it is, and
the 3.8 is all the volts it gets, that is OK.  Just change the gain factor
inside the ECM code to reflect that 3.8V is the max value.  If it is set to
0.5 volts at idle, and the max is 3.8V, then you need to change the gain
factor to the value X, where (3.8V - 0.5V)X = 5.0 volts. 5.0/3.3 = 1.5, so
the gain value is 1.5

The stock gain value is 1.65, so it looks like the stock code considers your
3.8 volts WOT no problem.

If you have a scan tool, look at the scaled TPS value, and see if it reaches
100% TPS, I suspect that it already does.

Scot

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Clair Davis
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 2:54 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] TPS Specs / PN's

I guess at some point, I'd do myself a favor if I learned something about op
amps and other little electronic widgets I could make myself, but I know
squat about them at the moment.  I still have my "Principles & Applications
of Electrical Engineering" text, but only because it was so full of errata
that the bookstore wouldn't buy it back after that semester...

I'd really prefer to have a PN/application that I could ask for at any given
parts store should the thing fail out in BFE.

Clair