[Diy_efi] PCM/ECM wish list question

K DANIEL kml_daniel
Sun Dec 31 07:19:05 UTC 2006

The main relay driver suplays power to all parts of of the engine  such as the injectors, ignition coil and power on to the ECM itself. The SES lamp is fault indicator lamp. The RS 232 is not a standard diagnostic protocol  all the ECM works with OBDII

----- Original Message ----
From: Steven P. Donegan <donegan at donegan.org>
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 7:00:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] PCM/ECM wish list question

Thank you for the feedback. What do the Main relay driver and the SES
lamp driver actually do? I had not thought of OBDII at all as the system
talks via RS-232 already. I suppose to make it a complete
plug-compatable unit OBDII will be required. I have no intention of
feeding any data to the car's black box (ie the air bag controller)
other than that required for the air bags to function.