[Diy_efi] EFI lift pumps to swirl pot?

Dan Zorde dzorde
Thu Feb 23 00:14:39 UTC 2006

Not sure who started the original thread, but the Australian VL/VN
(mid-late '80s) Holden Commodore used a in-tank lift pump feeding
directly into an external high pressure pump. I'm using this set-up with
a swirl pot inbetween (low pressure tank return from pot and hig
pressure return to the pot) to feed a 400HP Chev350 and that is working
fine.

Dan
>The in tank pump you need is a low pressure high flow unit.  Not very
>common at all.  The only cars i can think of are late 80's vw's, they
had in
>tank transfer pumps, but i have no idea of their flow capabilities.
I'd say
>to either test one of these for flow (can buy them new for about $70)
and