[Diy_efi] Audi idle issue

Ernest Buckler ebuckler
Tue Feb 28 05:48:56 UTC 2006

> One thing that messed me up setting CO with the 308's K-jet the first
time,
> you have to remove the allen wrench and plug the hole then wait a couple
of
> seconds before you can get a good reading,  otherwise you have an air
leak.
> At first it seemed like the changes were not having any effect,  but once
> started plugging the hole after each adjustment I could just dial it in
> perfectly.  Where are you Ernest?  My 4 gas analyzer would help if you're
> near CT.
>
> Bill

Thanks for the great offer, Bill, but I'm in WA state near the Idaho line.
Long drive, alas.  I'll remember to plug the hole, thanks.  ONCE I get it
running reliably again.   Starting to warm up outside around here, time to
get after the Turbo car - I drive an 86 Audi 5000 CS beater in the snow and
slush.  Odd thing on that one is that it's rattled since I bought it, got a
spare engine and trans for it figuring it would blow anytime, but for 3
years it has started every time, passes emissions easily, and the rattle
never gets worse.  Has 237K miles on it, gets 30-32 mpg hiway, and
everything works.   Whereas the spiffy beautiful '89 200 turbo is giving me
fits - somedays I feel like replacing the whole CIS if I knew of anything
that would work - I'm new to the EFI game, could not be engineering a system
like you guys do. More realistically, as you say, don't get rid of something
that can be made to work, so I'll keep after this, and with this recent help
from the group, think maybe I can figure it out.

Ernie