[Diy_efi] Air leak through the allen key adjuster - K-Jetronic

urq urq
Tue Feb 28 15:03:26 UTC 2006

... that could explain it ... updraft is the system the Audi uses ... and,
as I posted last night there are no worries about messing up the mixture on
the '89 Audi turbo that started this thread.

I did want to point out one slight misstatement in the message ... one of
the amazing things to me about the CIS system is how it is designed to work
with constant pressure in the metered fuel part of the system ... so the
comment about the CO adjustment should read that it fine tunes the amount of
fuel *flow* for a given amount of airflow sensor plate deflection.  The fuel
pressure to the injectors is basically constant.  Bosch makes some very good
pamphlets describing each of the various *-tronic systems, anyone interested
in them can get them from Bosch.  I think the Bosch Automotive Handbook has
a good description of this as well ... although I rarely refer to it any
more, I still carry around my copy of that book ... just in case ... ;-)

On the '89 Audi 200 (US model) the mixture is primarily controlled by the
control pressure regulator, which is bolted to the side of the engine block
which can be modulated slightly with an OXS Frequency Valve, which the ECU
controls based on the signal from the OXS.

Steve B
San Jose, CA (USA)