[Diy_efi] Big Caddy

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Jan 5 03:26:00 UTC 2006

> Only thing I really see missing in the basic mega squirt is
> idle air control (can use a two position motor, for fast idle
> then normal idle) and torque converter lock up.  Swapped a
> 700r4 into my 82 "el caprice" used simple switches for the
> torque converter lock up.  Works well, not as smooth as ecu
> control though.

Read up on megasquirt 2 (www.megasquirt.info), which is a plug in
upgrade, that includes spark (single coil, HEI or EDIS).  Also 2-4 user
outputs, depending on how IAC is done, that could be used for TCC or
whatever.

Also the version 3 of the PCB is really improved in terms of
reliability.  The kit is only $72.  There's at least one person selling
assembled kits on ebay.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.