[Diy_efi] RE: 555 timer efi

John Smith dirtrider218
Tue Jan 17 02:44:52 UTC 2006

The MAP sensor would actually be easier for me since I can hook it up and
measure the output while running it through the pressure range. The tough
part is finding a positive pressure MAP without having to buy anything. The
MAF is tougher because I need a flowbench to test it, but can probably do
some extrapolation to rough out the CFM vs MAF voltage/resistance. Its a MAF
from an '89-90 240SX.

<Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:30:05 EST
<From: ScottyGrover at aol.com
<Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi Digest, Vol 11, Issue 6

<You might try hooking the output of your MAP sensor to the Control input of
<the 555 (use your pot to check this input out, its output in terms of time
<delay  is roughly logarithmic for a linear input.) Hold your V input at
line
<voltage  (assumed 12VDC.) If your MAP is antilog, you should have it made.
By
<the way, what type of MAP are you using; I am using an old Datsun Z280 MAF.
Less
<calculation required.
<Scotty