[Diy_efi] Re: Was 1.3l TBI project, now ITB

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Thu Jan 26 01:45:00 UTC 2006

I haven't decided much yet,  just idle thoughts.  A friend on the left coast
is making some serious power in his stroked 928 with individual TWM TBs.
I'm on much more of a budget, so the thoughts about OEM TBs.

The 928 is a V8.  8 runners feed straight into the top of the head from a
common plenum throttled by a LT1 TB,  currently around 400rwhp with the
Vortech @ 9 psi.

http://p-928.home.comcast.net/749.html

The intake is the big restriction here,  I can make a lot more power with a
better intake system.   8 little Geo TBs fed from a common plenum might be
an interesting way to go.

Bill
'84 928s 5 sp. Vortech/749