[Diy_efi] Re: Was 1.3l TBI project, now ITB

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Thu Jan 26 03:04:23 UTC 2006

Have you looked at the Subaru 3.0 Liter H6's ?  they've got a unique setup
that does stabilization for reasons similar to that.  I forget what
technology it was called, but it works very well and boosted the engine
efficiency greatly (up to 230 hp from the 160 or so the previous version had
with slight bottom end modifications...  mostly intake though).

This had longer runners, similar to what you've got... with all the runners
going into a common twin TB, with some sort of solenoid operated valves
between the two intake banks.   during light loads the valve remained (open
or shut) and at full throttle, they varied to level off the vaccum
differences between manifolds and for resonant cancelling, but allowed for
greater air velocity individually...

Just a thought...

BTW:  the 1.3 liter is a 4 cylinder geo, the .9 liter (1 liter) is the 3
cylinder.  I was looking heavily into getting the 1 liter 3 cylinder TURBO
engine and putting TWO into one geo.  one in the rear sort of fiero style.

On 1/25/06, Tom Visel <five10man at commspeed.net> wrote:

> Howzabout motorsickle stuff?  2 sets of 46mm crotch rocket ITBs might get
> it to breathe.  They pop up on eBay pretty regularly.
> TomV
>

> Bill Shaw wrote:
>
> I haven't decided much yet,  just idle thoughts.  A friend on the left coast
> is making some serious power in his stroked 928 with individual TWM TBs.
> I'm on much more of a budget, so the thoughts about OEM TBs.
>
> The 928 is a V8.  8 runners feed straight into the top of the head from a
> common plenum throttled by a LT1 TB,  currently around 400rwhp with the
> Vortech @ 9 psi.
>
> http://p-928.home.comcast.net/749.html
>
> The intake is the big restriction here,  I can make a lot more power with a
> better intake system.   8 little Geo TBs fed from a common plenum might be
> an interesting way to go.
>
> Bill
> '84 928s 5 sp. Vortech/749
>

>  From: "Rod Hiorns" <R.E.Hiorns at IEE.org> <R.E.Hiorns at IEE.org>
>
> I suggest you check out bike ITBs. Have you decided what size ITBs already?
> What's your peak power, number of cylinders, and runner centerline spacing?
> Rod
>

>     Behalf Of Bill Shaw
>

>    What's the throttle body look like on the 1.3 metro?  What's the diameter?
> I was thinking about using 8 small tb's for my 928 if I could find something
> the right size.
>
> Bill
> '84 928s 5 sp. Vortech/749

Sincerely,