[Diy_efi] 1.3l TBI project

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Fri Jan 27 12:56:15 UTC 2006

Yes.  However, as far as need to reprogram, that can't be said due to
volumentric efficiency differences due to the cam profile.  If it were MAF
maybe it'd work a bit better, but not many of the older GM 4 cyls had MAF.
Either way, it should provide an easy point that will get the car running
and tuning will be a breeze.

--LL

On 1/26/06, jb <jonnbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> it would seem to me that the easiest way to go would be to get  thte
> whole tbi setup from a 4cylinder metro and put it on.  its almost the
> same engine, no hassle, no reprogramming.
>
> On 1/26/06, Lee M. Lemoine <llemoine at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That should be fairly easy.  Any GM TBI computer can be setup.  The
> cavalier
> > is fine, because the cylinder select is pre-set.   If your looking for
> > electronic spark timing, maybe the newer '90 or so TBI with DIS would be
> the
> > way to go?  (cavalier)
> >
> > -- LL
> >

> > On 1/26/06, John EFI Project <efi.project at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I want TBI. It will be the easiest to setup on my samurai and I might
> be
> > able to make it look factory enough to pass the california smog.
> > >
> > > John

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine
http://www.turbochargedsoul.com/