[Diy_efi] RE: Dropping Subaru injectors for economy

John Smith dirtrider218
Tue Jan 31 04:03:27 UTC 2006

Ideally you would have some sort of vavletrain control to minmize pumping
losses on the inactive cylinders. Since nothing short of electronic valve
actuation does, those dead cylinders will be like driving an air compressor.
I think the resulting economy gain would not be worth the trouble. If your
Legacy is turbocharged, this could actually be a dangerous thing to do if
you lean out a cylinder under boost. If you did do it, you would also need
to simulate the unused injectors or you will get a check engine light.