[Diy_efi] some pictures...

Ian Molton spyro
Mon Jul 3 19:29:53 UTC 2006

Hi there.

finally dismantled the old turbo and took some pictures...

http://mnementh.co.uk/daihatsu/turbo_bearing_death/

havent got the intake end of it apart since I dont have the colossal
pair of circlip pliers it would require.

you can see the rotor, turbine blades, oiler sleeve, and the _totally_
destroyed bearing race. I could find no sign of the bearing balls, they
are simply gone. likewise, if it ever had oil seals, they are nowhere to
be found either.

Any thoughts on how to remove the bearing race from the stem would be
appreciated, although I dont think its do-able somehow.

At least the new (ebay!) turbo seems happy.