[Diy_efi] Converting from Carburation to TBI

Dan Maker redbeard
Tue Jul 18 04:51:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 08:56:22PM -0500, Wallace O. Powelle wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken the 307 & 350 Olds were never available with TBI, the
> last ones I saw were feedback carbs.  The Seville with the 350 Olds block
> may have had special heads for the port injection setup.  Just my feeble
> memory, Wallace

Wallace,

As far as I've been able to tell, the Seville setup used standard heads,
but had an applicaton specific intake.  A friend of mine that's been a
mechanic for some 20 years, says he's seen a few Caddies that had olds
engines, with TBI, I found a reference in the online oldsmobile
documentation (not factory, but fan gathered documents) to a CFI intake,
with a three bolt pattern, which sounds right for TBI, perhaps this is
actually the intake for the late '70s TPI that was used on the
Cadillacs.

Dan
--
Jack of all trades
Fiber Artist - Genealogist - Kilt Maker - Linux Geek - Piper - Woodworker