[Diy_efi] Nissan engine

Ian Molton spyro
Thu Jun 1 09:05:22 UTC 2006

Hey there.

Well, I've taken on another project (despite my daily driver being in
such bad shape - I must be mad).

I've acquired a Datsun 280 ZX as a restoration project.

Questions about the engine (which I havent seen yet).

1) Is it a Bosch L-Jet as I've seen mentioned on some sites ?
2) Can the injection system be replaced with something more modern (I
know the existing one is in bad shape) like Megasquirt? Has this 'been
done' on this engine ?
3) I know the engine can be turbo'd so any solution I add now I would
like to be able to use after adding the turbo.
4) I have zero experience of petrols - this one has been standing for 6
years so I assume its going to need some TLC to get it running again. A
friend has said SOP is to pull the plugs and pour a little oil in each
cylinder then turn by hand before cranking, then reinserting plugs, then
going for a start. That seems sensible - but is it enough ?

any and all advice would be appreciated.