[Diy_efi] RE: Megasquirt 2 Thoughts, Comments?

Jason M. galaxiecustom500
Fri Jun 2 15:12:58 UTC 2006

I have wanted to try one, and so has a friend of mine, for a while.  The
most likely project I'll have for it is controlling fuel only on a 500
cadillac I'm putting in my 85 caprice project car this summer.  The car was
originally fuel injected so I already have a sending unit with fuel pump and
all the lines I need.

Intend to replumb the chassis for fuel injection even though I'll be running
it as carbureted for now.  If I can get a large enough throttle body and
injectors cheap enough I might try to put something together next winter.
Poor college student now with too many other projects that have higher
priority then this.

There was also a guy on this list, or maybe it was gm_ecm, that was running
one said he liked it.  The only downside is to get that cheap price you have
to put it together, or pay another 100 or whatever to get one pre-assembled.

Still it's really not bad price wise, probably the next step up while still
being reasonable in cost would be performance electronics ECU.  Mostly I
think Formula SAE teams use them (mini F1 style race cars built by college
students).  About $800 a pop.