[Diy_efi] (no subject)

Frederick Trient gpzmotoman
Mon Jun 5 03:03:17 UTC 2006

Hello out there.
I'm brand new to the list so I hope my questions won't be too basic
for any of you. The rising price of gas has made me think of
improving the mpg for my '65 El Camino. At about 11 mpg with an
Edelbrock 4 barrel carb it's getting pretty expensive to drive.
Another reason for me to consider f.i. is the possibility of E85 gas
becoming available. I'm going on the assumption that fuel injection
is necessary to burn the E85 stuff. Is that correct? If so, it seems
that it would be possible to switch, on the fly, from mapping for
straight unleaded gas to mapping for E85 with a box somewhere on the
dashboard. I'm thinking that it would be necessary to have different
mapping for each type of fuel.
Would appreciate any feedback you guys could give me.
TIA,
Fred