[Diy_efi] Re: LPG vapor injection with gasoline injectors: req fuel

John Smith1882 dirtrider218
Sat Jun 10 20:33:33 UTC 2006

If I don't want to buy an automotive grade gas diffuser, then the MegaSquirt
I already have must control the fuel. I'll be running MegaSuirt 'n'
Spark-Extra code with a turbo anti-lag function(if I can figure out why this
altered verison of 025 is somewhat unstable), so it will handle spark as
well. It has to be able to richen the mixture on decelleration in order to
do this.

>Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:02:25 -0400
>From: "Andy Harvilla" <higrafey at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] LPG vapor injection with gasoline injectors:
>	calculatingfuel requirements
>To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
>
>John,
>
>Do you have to run the fuel through the ECM?  It might be easier to
>devise a simple vapor carburetor and use the computer for timing, etc.
>-- that's my own route at this point.
>
>Andy

Wait, if I increase pulswidth by 50%, thats 50% more fuel. If I double the
injectors, thats 100% more fuel....

I know I don't need to fool the MS, but I do need to know what conversions
are needed in order to tell it what to do. Like I mentioned, I have three
30lb/hour(315cc/min) Lucas injectors that are low-impedance(4 ohms) and four
270cc/min(26lb/hr) Denso injectors that are high impedance (12 ohms). With
those options I can have 90lb/hr(950cc/min) available or
1100cc/min(104lb/hr) respectively. They are rated for gasoline flow either
at 100% or 80% DC, not sure. I just need to know how to convert that into
LP-gas flow.