[Diy_efi] O2 says rich, car runs lean..

Michael Richards michael
Wed Jun 14 04:25:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:38:21 -0700 (PDT), David Rowley wrote...

> I have the O2 in header collector (long tube headers) and there is no
> cat.  Where should it be placed?  Where are the bad places to put it
> and why?  How would you go about balancing the cylinders?

For balancing the cylinders you realistically need 8 EGT probes. Last
setup like this I got from an airplane. Cost about $650 for a digital
gauge and all the probes. I've tried with somewhat limited success to
use an IR pyrometer on the dyno - measuring all the collectors at about
the same point - ie 2" from the head.

-Michael