[Diy_efi] running E85

Bruce A Bowling bbowling
Thu Jun 15 15:39:50 UTC 2006

The narrowband O2 sensor will still operate, indicating excess or reduced o2 content wrt reference o2, and you can determine the stoich operating AF point.

If you are going to run nothing but E85, always and forever, then adjusting fuel maps and timing will work. If you plan on running different fuel blends (i.e. a tank of E85, then a tank of regular gasoline, etc) then you will need to means to adjust the fuel and spark maps to adapt to the blend. A fuel composition sensor will do this for you.

See http://www.megamanual.com/flexfuel.htm  for more information.

- Bruce