[Diy_efi] Hesitation

Scott Scott scott_o_matic
Tue Jun 27 17:33:09 UTC 2006

I just put a TBI setup from a 1991 Silverado onto a
1969 Mustang with a 302 (2bbl).  It runs well, idles
smoothly, but I have a couple of issues.

1?It has some hesitation on acceleration.  Not when I
rev it in the garage, but when its in gear.  Timing is
currently set at 10 degrees BTDC (base timing), I?m
thinking of adding a little more advance to it.  Any
other ideas?  It actually stalls out sometimes when I
try to make a fast getaway.

2?I put the ECU under the dash.  I reached in and put
my hand on the box  after I had been driving a while,
and it was VERY hot to the touch.  I almost couldn?t
hold on to it.  Is this a normal operating condition
of the GM ECU?

Any tips are appreciated!