[Diy_efi] Re: Hesitation

John Smith1882 dirtrider218
Wed Jun 28 14:46:23 UTC 2006

I'll admit upfront that I don't have experience with GM ECUs, but I think
its probable that something is wrong if the ECU gets too hot to
touch(usually 130F+). The electronics are probably rated around 200-250F,
but I doubt they should get even half that hot. If it runs low impedance TBI
injectors, it should be using a current limiting method to keep things cool
OR a resistor pack for the injectors so they don't draw too much current. I
know many imports(non-U.S. cars) used the resistor method from factory.

Re the stumbling, how big was the engine in the Silverado compared to your
302? I suppose it could be that the Chevy needed more acceleration/tip-in
enrichment than the 302 and it's flooding when you floor it. Kinda like
having an accelerator pump that is too big.