[Diy_efi] Limp Mode

Bill Washington bill.washington
Fri Jun 30 07:51:13 UTC 2006

Jeff,
	Here in Aus some early digital injection cars had a "FEATURE" that if the the
battery was disconnected it always went to 'Limp home' mode - they had to be
taken to a dealer to 'fix' them - I have not owned such a vehicle, but a friend
did! - It was most "inconvenient" when the battery died and had to be replaced
out in the 'bush' several hundred kilometers from the nearest 'dealer'....

Bill

> Subject:
> [Diy_efi] got to get rid of codes
> From:
> "93 Formula" <red93formula at hotmail.com>
> Date:
> Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:45:19 -0400
> To:
> diy_efi at diy-efi.org
>
> To:
> diy_efi at diy-efi.org
>

> I think my car threw some codes and is stuck in limp mode, and the ecm
> won't communicate with either of my laptops with either diacom or
> datamaster so I can't reset the codes. I've tried two ecm bins too.  Is
> there a way I can wipe out the codes to get the car running again and
> communicating with the diagnostics?  Before this it had been sitting
> around since winter, and I just replaced the battery. I have pulled the
> fuses on the ecm too.
>
> Jeff  http://FindFastCars.com 93 Formula
> Mods: 355 forged for NOS, LT4 HotTop, 58TB, SLP Cnvrtr, 3.73s,
> Mufflex/Spintech 4" exhaust, Hooker LTs, 300+ Ign, Injctrs, MSD Adj Win
> Sw & 3 Ign Ret, K&N CAI, Diacom, CATSTuner...

.org/mailman/listinfo/diy_efi