[Diy_efi] help with Eagle PCB software

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Fri Mar 3 19:55:39 UTC 2006

Although not just Eagle related, it can happen in any PCB cad system
that a schematic design gets corrupted.

My specific experiences relate to old DOS versions of Cadstar, in case a
schematic has got corrupted there is a chance to salvage it by exporting
it as an "ascii dump", then restart the schematic editor and import the
ascii dump. At my former job, we called that process "washing" a
schematic. I think most of those corruption problems were related to DOS
- too little environment space, problems with TSR programs, network
drivers etc. Cadstar seems not to be very tolerant to such problems.

In really nasty cases, one can check out the ascii dump with a text
editor to see what nodes really are connected to which nets and maybe
have luck with manual editing.

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman