[Diy_efi] idle control 1227747

Darryl M Gilbert dgilbert78
Thu Mar 9 03:55:30 UTC 2006

David: Ok on all. Yes I am just playing with the table you mentioned.
>From what I understand that is suppose to be the FAST IDLE table, then
when temp gets to a particular point the TARGET idle table is suppose to
be invoked, but its not really clear how it all works. No matter how I
play with the idle adjust screw the ECM wants to attempt to keep it
running up a little over 1000 RPM. I can fool with the idle stop and
drive the IAC counts down to zero, but when it is at 0 this simply means
it is out of range. The IAC steps should really never get to 0, because
once they do the ECM can no longer control the idle anymore. I am trying
to get the IAC counts down to maybe 10 or so at desired idle. From what I
read the lower the better at idle, but never 0. I will play with the
table you mentioned
thank you
Darryl...