[Diy_efi] idle control 1227747

Darryl M Gilbert dgilbert78
Fri Mar 10 03:06:59 UTC 2006

Hello: Ok guys this is the skinny. When driving the IAC pintle closed (A
to B ALDL jumpered) the IAC stepper makes a clicking noise. When i went
to remove the connector to perform base idle i noticed the clicking
stopped. Found that by applying slight pressure on the connector in
different directions could get the stepper motor to make different
clicking sounds indicating poor connections. Reseated several times, same
results. Pulled IAC and cleaned contacts in both IAC and the plug very
thoroughly. Now moving plug does not cause clicking sound to change and
also the clicking sound is much more muffled than before. Performed base
Idle procedure and everything came out like clock work. 600 RPM idle at
16 IAC counts, I'll live with that. I wonder how many others have poor
IAC connections ????
thanks for all the input
Darryl....

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:56:31 -0800 (PST) Bret Levandowski