[Diy_efi] OT-Need help with alternator pinout

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus
Mon Mar 20 14:33:17 UTC 2006

The Standard hook up for an indicator light is "L" term only in series with a 12 volt lamp switched on/off with ignition switch. The "S" terminal is for remote voltage Sensing it can be left open at the connector or tied to the Batt terminal, or somewhere in the harness to overcome
voltage drop of the wires. Be careful with the Sense lead if you get a poor high resistance connection the Alt output could soar to 17 volts. The I/F terminal powers the regulator and used by itself to the Batt. terminal for a 1 wire setup . The "P" terminal is off the Stator and is  AC voltage used as Tachometer signal. So for your setup Get another connector  with (S) (I/F) (L)  Connect the (S) to Batt. Term (I/F) to ignition switch (Run) (L) in series with 12 volt small lamp to ignition switch (Run)

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Dan Zorde
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:58 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] OT-Need help with alternator pinout

Hi all,

Sorry to be of topic, but I'm hoping someone can help. I have what I
think is a newer Delco alternator (internal fan) which I want to fit to
my car. Unit has a 4pin weatherproof plug with labels S-IF-L-P, when I
got the unit S and IF were wired directly to Bat terminal and no other
wires.

Can someone tell me which wire would do the ignition light, I thought
IF, but connecting it makes no difference.

Anyway much appreciated, please respond directly if possible as I'm not
sure my list digest mode is working since I haven't seen anything for a
few days now.

Cheers

Dan   dzorde at erggroup.com

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corporation
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject
to copyright belonging to the Exelon Corporation family of Companies.
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments
to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout. Thank You.