[Diy_efi] Torque converter clutch on 1226869

Tom Visel five10man
Mon Mar 27 15:13:23 UTC 2006

Test light to check a driver circuit?  Glad it's your ECM and not mine.
Any idea exactly how much current the lamp draws?

To eliminate the possibility of a 4th gear switch or some other problem
in your trans, you could connect your DVOM to the TCC output and monitor
it while driving.  It should be close to charging system voltage while
going down the road unlocked, and then less than a volt when the TCC is
applied.  If it never sees 12V (or charging system voltage,) you have a
power supply, wiring harness, or high-gear-switch problem.  If it never
drops to less than a volt, you have an ECM problem.

TomV