[Diy_efi] Hoses...

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Mon May 1 00:58:05 UTC 2006

You can always boil the hoses you have currently to see if they'll stretch
(its a bit of a pain) and putting some dish soap on the fitting and inside
the hose will usually aid in the hose getting over the fitting a little
easier.

The other option you have is to find a similar pipe with a neutral diameter,
get a piece of steel pipe, and splice it in the middle...   I've seen this
done before to extend pipes with radiators moved 'forward' in the engine
compartment.  The other option there is that you get a small piece of pipe,
and use a piece of silicone hose adapter (similar to the ones sold for
intercoolers and whatnot) and use that to adapt the sizes.

Just a few thoughts.   Vibration shouldn't be much of an issue as long as
the pipe isn't rubbing against anything.