[Diy_efi] Re: Diy_efi Digest, Vol 15, Issue 18

Vincent Marshall vlm
Thu May 11 17:29:02 UTC 2006

I'm generally a lurker so perhaps this is silly to make one of my few
posts on something off topic, but ... The below suggestion is really not
an appropriate response.

'Vacation' type auto responses should be logging addresses to which they
have already auto-responded, ensuring everyone only gets one copy of the
message, but are quite commonly broken.

Mailing list programs like the one this group uses set the reply-to header
to the address of the list rather than the address of the original sender,
which is not necessarily correct.

So...these things happen, but it doesn't seem that booting the man from
the list is exactly the right thing to do.  Is the list administrator
around?  Can his account be put on hold?

-Vin

--
T.E. Motorworks, Inc.
Post Industrial Laboratory