[Diy_efi] LPG injection

Bill Washington bill.washington
Fri May 12 00:19:09 UTC 2006

Andrew,
	The problem with trying to inject liquid LPG is the latent heat of vaporization
- It sublimates - that is it goes directly from a liquid to a gas and absorbs
enormous amounts of heat from the surroundings to do so - in other words it
freezes everything close by including the injector - which will freeze either
closed or open - closed and the engine stops, open and bad things happen!!!
	This approach has been tried by quite a number of people and the result, AFAIK
has always been failure.... for this reason.
	Petrol on the other hand does not vaporise it is atomised - mechanically broken
into very tiny droplets.

Regards
Bill