[Diy_efi] RE:Ignition amplifier Bosch 0-227-100-200

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Wed May 17 17:00:02 UTC 2006

The power stage of most ignition amplifiers from mid-70's to today is a
darlington power transistor, usually with an integrated C-B zener diode
to force turning on the transistor in case of too high transient
voltages. In some cases, an emitter resistor and current limiting
circuitry might be located on the same chip (and then, it becomes
relevant to talk about an IC).
Some semiconductor manufacturers market IGBTs and Mosfets for ignition
applications, but i am not sure where those might be used.

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman