[Diy_efi] Temperature/Pressure sensors

K DANIEL kml_daniel
Sat Nov 4 17:41:42 UTC 2006

Hello
I think it's better to use the sensors of the engine instead of using external sensor all you need to locate the signals of the sensors is the wiring diagram of your engine
Kamal Daniel

----- Original Message ----
From: Alex Garbino <agarbino at gmail.com>
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2006 8:41:07 AM
Subject: [Diy_efi] Temperature/Pressure sensors

Hello,

I'm trying to build a data acquisition system to monitor various
temperatures and pressures. I've been looking at thermocouples, RTDs, and
thermistors; but they have widely different advatnages and disadvantages. I
was thinking of using thermistors to monitor air intake temperature &
pressure (on a turbocharged car, so I would like to monitor atmospheric,
pre-intercooler, and post-intercooler/manifold) as well as coolant temp, oil
pressure & temp, and EGTs, both before and after the turbocharger.
Thermistors seem the best choice for air intake, since they have a fast
response and are cheap; however, I cannot find good datasheets regarding the
linearization coefficients.

Does anyone have advice on a good way to capture data, as well as any tips
on the best way to mount these sensors (a modular system would be best, so I
could move sensors to different positions and switch them in and out with
minimum hassle)? Also, can anyone recommend a good source of cheap sensors?

The signals will be captured via a PIC18F series' A/D converters/digital
inputs, and relayed immediately onto an on-board computer. Please let me
know of any resources that would be helpful!

Regards,
Alex

For a more detailed discussion on what I'm trying to achieve, please see
http://www.mkiiitech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=903